Subject: Re: [Leica] 80-200 reponses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 11:40:34 -0500

At 08:44 AM 7/26/98 +0100, you wrote:

><<<<<The 80-200/4 is a great lens, very sharp.  The image quality is
>excellent wide open and stopped down.  I believe it is based on the Zeiss
>80-200 and made in Japan for Leica by Kyocera.  It is a bit heavy and long.

It is not based on the Zeiss lens. It's a Leica design. Kyocera builds it
for Leica. See Eastland's Leica R8 book for confirmation.

>But then everything in the world would be perfect if designers were
>perfect.....then we wouldn't have anything to bitch about! :) :)

You know, those rubber grips on the lens (70-180) probably would come off
and would be easy to replace. Leica should fix the problem by replacing the
ring at the photographer's request. How much can it cost?
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There is a pleasure in being mad in which none but mad men know.

Dryden