Subject: [Leica] Noctilux
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:16:33 -0700

I just picked up a roll of that Kodak B&W processed as color film
and on the roll are several photos taken with the Noctilux.

*DAMN* it is the FINEST lens on the planet. If I had only one lens
on one body to carry me through a lifetime of photography, the
M6/Noctilux combo would be it.

If you have the funds to purchase this lens, do it. Find someone
you love, open the lens up (f1.0<->f1.8), focus and shoot. I
can almost guarantee that you will be as convinced and delighted
with the results as I am.

Yes, you can definately take crappy photographs with this lens.
It is not "the magic answer". However, it is capable of producing
incredibly magical results.

Some of you may have noticed that I have altered my usual habit
and I am using correct capitalization. I have done so to honour
this lens.

I'd like to formally thank Jeff Alford, Tom Brichta, and Leica
Camera GmbH for delivering this lens to my hands.

Mark

PS. I now have evidence of the reflections caused by using a filter
on this lens when taking photographs that contains points of light.
Thank you also to the person who warned me of this (I'm sorry that
I have forgotten exactly who it was who mentioned this).