Subject: Re: [Leica]Off Topic - Point of Comparison
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 07:06:57 -0700

> B. D. Colen wrote
>
> "Not wanting to get flamed by the audiophiles out there...
>
> .......Most of us can certainly hear the
> difference between a $500 system and a $2000 system, but I doubt that many
> of us past the age of 30 have the hearing that will enable us to hear the
> difference between that $2000 system and a $10,000 system. But that's just
> an opinion...:-)"

umm.....BD, you are more than welcome to drop by and hear that difference.
i can assure you that it is very very real and that my mother, who is in
her late um...well, let's just say that she's older than i am and i'm 40...,
can easily hear the difference too.

my speaker system costs well in excess of $10k.

don't make the mistake of thinking that it is only high frequency reproduction
that makes a difference in audio reproduction. that's like thinking that only
lines per mm makes a good lens. consider color rendition, edge to edge performance,
etc etc etc, too.

mark