Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic - Point of Comparison
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:05:42 -0700

as an audio professional i would mention that i don't anyone in the
production side of the industry that spends $800 on power cables.

however, i know that consumers *do* spend that and they do so in order
that they hear what people like me create in the most accurate
environment possible.

(i am exagerating a little, bob ludwig is on the creation side and
spends phenomenal sums on gear....)(but he is a mastering engineer
and is an "in-betweenie")

what's kind of odd is that they are spending vast sums of money on
systems that play audio material that has been (usually) created
without reference to considerations such as $800 power cables.

*however*, that is partly a function of all the other expensive gear
that a music creator needs to get in order to create great sounding
music.

i think it gets back a little bit to the input/output discussion.

to bring this back on topic, when i was getting my noctilux i
considered what i spend on good microphones and it was a much
easier buy :-)

mark