Subject: Re: [Leica] Making the M6 discrete
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 20:22:07 -0400

I find that an old "Benser" case works well. The camera strap is threaded
through two openings in the case. The case zips shut around the camera and
lens for full protection, or it can be left unzipped and will cover the
camera. When you bring the camera to your eye the case slides up the
camera's neck strap, completely off the camera and more or less out of the
way. Put the camera back down and the case slides back down and covers the
camera again.

I don't think these are available new anymore but I see them from time to
time at swap meets.

Cheers!

kw

>I'm also interested in hearing about easy ways to carry the camera,
>unless it's a FAQ for which I'll get flamed :) I find the strap that
>Leica provides doesn't slide easily over clothing, so using the camera
>from a slung-over-the-shoulder position isn't easy.  So far the best
>method I've found is to use only a hand strap on the camera, and carry
>it in a generic cloth case, with the case strap slung over the
>shoulder.  I can pull the camera out of the bag easily, and it doesn't
>yell "Leica here!" when the camera is inside.  I'd still prefer to
>have the camera itself on a shoulder strap, but I can't find a case or
>protective covering that doesn't get in the way of the camera
>controls.  Is this the whole idea behind the "everready" cases?  I
>have yet to see one.
>
>Ideas?
>
>Andrew

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>