Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions about my M3
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:19:25 -0400

Rub a little vaseline on the camera's lens mount and then gently rub it
off. Then try the lens again. It will probably take care of the tightness
problem. (This is recommended by Leica )

Your local camera dealer can sell you a 3/8 to 1/4 tripod bushing that will
screw into the camera baseplate effectively converting to standard size. It
will be very inexpensive.

Cheers!

kw

>Well, now I am home and I have loaded my M3 and want to test it. I have
>a couple of questions:
>
>1) When mounting my 50mm Summilux, I encountered a lot more resistance
>than when I mount the same lens on my M6. It does mount properly, and
>the focusing seems OK, but the effort required is markedly higher than
>on the M6. Same result with my 75mm Summilux.
>Is that something to worry about? I.e., am I doing damage to
>either the lens or the M3?
>
>2) To test the camera properly one obviously has to mount it on a
>tripod. Here comes the second problem. The tripod hole on the M3 is
>wider than on the M6 or on my SLRs, so I cannot mount it on my Bogen
>tripod. What are the common solutions to this problem?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Nathan
>
>--
>Nathan Wajsman
>Overijse, Belgium
>
>Photography page:  http://members.tripod.com/~belgiangator/index.html
>Motorcycle page:
>http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/1704/index.html

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>