Subject: Re: [Leica] Making the M6 discrete
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:52:42 -0600

- -----Original Message-----
From: Andrew M. Moore <dmm@bronze.lcs.mit.edu>

>I'm a little self conscious (sp?) about carrying the M6 around slung
>over my shoulder (and even more so when it's around my neck, facing
>forward).  I simply don't care for the attention it attracts.

Sure it's not all of that nervous energy which is attacting the attention?
If anyone asks about it, you just tell them it's a pretty good brand that
used to be popular before the days of Nikon and Canon, "I have trouble with
all of that new computerized stuff", you can add, for good measure. Price?
"Well, the last time I went to a photo show, I was seeing 'em for under
$250". Who needs to know that was for a IIIc with weak rangefinder and a
need for a tuneup, or that the photo show was closer to a garage sale?

>I can pull the camera out of the bag easily, and it doesn't
>yell "Leica here!" when the camera is inside.

Like a WHAT? Casio, at least, has brand recognition :-) In a world filled
with fake Rolexes and metal-look cameras, who will notice when the real
thing passes by?

As far as how to carry it, I've never seen the point in carrying it over the
shoulder, as it's easier to drop, or for someone to grab, and it doesn't
seem ready for use at a moment's notice.

Jeff