Subject: [none]
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:18:49 +1200

Hi All,

After taking a look at Amazon last night i noticed Brian Bowers' book has
been reduced in price quite dramatically. I thought you might like to know
it is now priced at less than $30 u.s.

Take care,
Gary

>From: TM <spaniel@pacbell.net>
>
>I just learned at amazon.com that Brian Bower has completed a revision
>of his book, "Leica M Photography", and it will be released in October
>in 8.5 x 11" softbound format. Since the previous version was released
>in 1995 and covers the M series through the M6, I wonder what he could
>possibly add to the new version??? Anybody want to take a guess?

Brian is party to Leica developments and as such will be aware of what is
upcoming for Photokina release, though he is far too discrete to tell
anyone beforehand. Subsequent to Photokina he is hosting 2 days in the UK
demonstrating the latest Leica releases from the exhibition (eg.
Manchester, Oct. 25th). His last book on the R series released his
assessment of the R8 shortly after its announcement, I've no doubt this
new revision will contain similar details...

Jem