Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica CL focusing
From: Shawn London <srlondon@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 98 21:56:07 -0400

> Does this really make a difference
>or is this simply a consequence of the short EBL of the CL's rangefinder.

It seems that stopping down, as you say you do, to f/11 would be more
than enough to compensate for the supposed difference in the focusing
cams which neither I nor other CL users I've heard from have found to be
a problem.  The only thing I can think of is that there is either damage
or horrendous mis-alignment of the rangefinder if you are in fact
experiencing a focusing problem.  Or is it possible that some unsharpness
might be due to camera shake from using too slow of a shutter speed
rather than focusing?  Try some tripod mounted shots.  If those show the
same defect, I would be inclined to return the camera if it was a recent
purchase, or send it in for repair.

Good luck.