Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Gear & wives
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:09:28 -0700

Ken,
As I stated in my post, it is a matter of personal preference.

Before my retirement from photography, cameras were indeed just "tools". Now
my Leicas and the rest of my photographic dowry are more than tools or toys.
They are prized possessions to be cherished but not shared. I would not lend
them to a photographer friend, nor to a novice or teenager - even if
related. The same goes for my stamp collection. Others can admire the
miniature works of art, but only I research, decide which to keep or trade,
and catalog.
That has nothing to do with whether my wife is "good enough". I share other
things with her but my cameras are too personal for sharing.

It is just a personal thing.
Joseph Codispoti