Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Gear & wives
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 07:20:19 -0400

>Once, at a workshop, the speaker expressed his opinion on the subject by
>saying: "I will lend you money. I will land you my car. You can barrow my
>mower as well. I will even fix you up with my ex wife. But don't you ever,
>ever ask to use my cameras."
>Needless to say, I will buy a Cheapoflex for my wife so she can snap away.

Are you saying that your wife is not "good enough" to use your equipment?
If a Cheapoflex is good enough for her, why not also for you?

My wife and I have shared photo equipment for many years. She uses "my" Ms
and I use "her" R gear. If she had any interest in doing so she would also
use the LTM and MF stuff.

Before my son left home he also shared our gear (at that time Olympus and
Nikon) and took the Olympus gear with him when he left.

Cameras are only tools! (Leicas are VERY NICE tools)  :-)

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>