Subject: [Leica] Summilux-M 75mm/F1.4
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 20:09:16 EDT

I am considering the purchase of a 75mm Summilux-M F1.4 and the more I look
the more confused I become.  The confusion is around the Canadian vs the new
German made lenses.  Does anyone know the difference if there is one?  Is
there any particular advantage of the German lens vs. the Canadian lense?  The
German lense appears to be lighter.  Is the element count the same or is the
weight difference attributed to lighter materials?  Very confusing when you
get different answers at different dealers.  However I can always depend on
LUGERS for the straight scoop.
Thanks
Bob