Subject: Re: [Leica] Quality Control
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:36:48 EDT

I totally agree with you.  There is much more to buying a product than price.
If you treat your local dealer right and understand their need to make a fair
profit you will gain much more in the long run.  If you beat them down during
every visit it will haunt you in the long-run.  My dealer is exceptional and
is fully aware that mail-order exists.  If a used piece of equipment comes in
the shop the dealer calls me immediately and tells me about it.  This is very
important.  As far as disgruntled Leica employees are concerned it is my
opinion that their assembly plants would have to have more than one.  In many
cases it is a design flaw and the decision to build cheaper instead of
maintaining Leicas long-living quality standards. They have got to stop it or
it will eventually catch up and destroy.

Thanks for listening.

Bob Bedwell

<< I know you are not all as lucky as I am in this respect, but this is one of
 the reasons that I patronize my LOCAL authorized Leica dealer. You can do
 QC on the spot. I have, however, purchased a gaggle of new Leica lenses
 over the years, and have never seen anything like described below. You
 almost wonder if some disgruntled employee is carrying out a grudge against
 Leica... >>