Subject: Re: [Leica]If Leica is too expensive what would be the best alternative?
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 22:20:23 +0200

>From: Alexander en Katinka Koning <hatg.koning@gironet.nl>
>Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 18:06:02 +0200
>Subject: [Leica] If Leica is too expensive what would be the best
alternative?

>Dear Luggers,
>
>Since the majority of us probably didn't start with a Leica, I wonder if
>you can help me with the choice between the different brands like
>Minolta, Canon, Nikon or Pentax. I rather buy a non-AF camera, because I
>like to spend my money rather on a good lens than on electronical
>gadgets. Ideally I prefer a lens or a serie of lenses that resembles the
>leica the most. Thank you in advance.
>
>Yours sincerely,
>
>Alexander Koning

Is a used Leica too expensive ? I don't think so. You can pick up a nice R3
for 200 $ and a summicron 50 for 400 $.
Don't buy "lemons"("vieux clous" in french) such as Minolta srt, Pentax lx,
Olympus om1 because these bodies are not retrievable if a spare part is
required.On the contrary a Leica is always retrievable.