Subject: Re: [Leica] t-elmar versus hektor 135
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 21:28:45 +0200

>From: "Lee, Ken" <ken.lee@hbc.com>
>Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:11:04 -0400
>Subject: RE: [Leica] t-elmar 135, a skeptical view
>
>Dominique,
>
>Another option is the 135mm Hektor.  I use mine on my Viso 2 from time to
>time.  It is a very inexpensive lens, and I have been pleased with the
>results.  Not state of the art, but.....
>
>Ken

Very wise advise Ken. The Hektor is quoted 100 usd whereas the t-elmar is
quoted 500. (International price guide, 7th edition, p.52).
Moreover the look is great. I see a picture of the late version in the
Leica collectors guide (Laney, p.166): with my "panda" m6, the harmony is
quite perfect.
Optically, i've just read in an old Leica fotografie (4/62, p.170, french
edition)a paper of O. Zimmerman, chief engineer at Wetzlar. The lens is not
as good as the elmar 4/135 (better contrast with lanthane glass) and the
optimum is between 5.6 and 8. No matter.

Dominique