Subject: [Leica] I bought a used 90 summicron...
From: pjb@lehman.com (Philip Brandenberger)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:16:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I recently bought a used 90mm summicron (leica M) serial 3210716.
It's in great mint-ish condition other than one thing-- the
little screw that holds on the front ring with the lens inscription
and focal length around the front element looks as if it was scratched
and painted-over (or even perhaps colored with a ball-point pen).

Perhaps I'm paranoid but I'm wondering if this is a telltale sign
that the lens has been tampered-with or even that the serial number
ring was switched.

Any wisdom would be appreciated.

- -Phil

- --