Subject: [Leica] Requiem, the Encore.
From: George Hartzell <hartzell@corp.webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 1998 11:29:39 -0700 (PDT)

Just FYI.  I haven't seen anyone else report on this.

I ordered a copy of the $15 version of Requiem from Borders and was
told that they had made a mistake, they were sorry, and that it was
not really available at that price.  I dropped them a note saying that
I understood making mistakes, but I felt that they should stand behind
the fact that they had inaccurately advertised the book at that price
and accepted my order.

They got back to me today and said that they would ship me the real
Requiem at the $15 price.  This only applies to people who had
mistakenly ordered the display copy, you need to call/email customer
service and give them your old order number, they'll redo the order
for the correct book.  The folks on the floor don't have the full
story (they have a memo outlining the issue but it doesn't mention
that they're honoring the orders that they've accepted), so they might
now know what to do.  The woman in the know is Anne, in Customer
Service.

g.