Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Gitzo Tripods
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:52:19 EDT

<<There is also a carbon fiber mono-pod,

key feature is that it's about 1/2 the weight

of comparable aluminum mono-pods.

I got one of the carbon fiber monopods a few weeks ago and it's a joy.  Weighs
next to nothing and is quite rigid.  It really helps to steady the camera and
eke out a little more performance from Leica lenses. ( There! I got on topic!)
At first I thought it might get in the way of shooting, but I got used to it
very quickly and find it easy to use.  I'm sorry I didn't get it sooner.

		Richard