Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 19:26:33 -0500

At 02:58 PM 7/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>been discussed previously. First, the folding of the film leader for
>better holding. Do you bend it across the width or parallel with the
>length? Second, I notice some flaring in the rangefinder square when

Do just as the picture on the bottom of the M6 shows. Don't bend the film,
don't futz with it. Just lay it between the two "fingers" of the takeup,
seat the film canister in the other end, put the bottom on and advance the
film.

The more you "mess" with it, the less reliable the loading is (and slower).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Ever wonder how the guy that drives the snowplow gets to work in the
morning?