Subject: RE: [Leica] LEICAFLEX SL & SL2
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 22:34:16 -0700

> From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> [mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Eric Welch
>
> I just don't understand why all the fuss over a 25 year old camera. :-)

It's a sickness.  There was a time when I would say to my wife, "I want to
buy a such-and-such, so I can more easily take the following sort of
photograph."  And she would say, "Okay."  Recently I was forced to confront
the fact that I did not buy an SL MOT because it would let me take a
particular sort of photograph, but instead because I thought it was a really
cool camera.  When (with some embarassment) I told this to my wife, she just
laughed and said that she hadn't been keeping track of my kit; she would
just listen while I justified my purchases while thinking that if these old
cameras made me happy, they were cheap at the price.  Wonderful woman.

But it doesn't answer the important question: why do I want more of these
old cameras?  It's a sickness.  I'm trying to hold off as long as possible
before getting an SL2.

- -Patrick