Subject: RE: [Leica] LEICAFLEX SL & SL2
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 19:53:56 -0700

> From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> [mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Eric Welch
>
> At 11:16 AM 7/7/98 -0700, Patrick wrote:
>
> >By "SL(2)" do you mean "SL and SL2"?  Because these lenses will fit the
> >SL2 -- that was the original point...
>
> As I remember my owners manual, the SL2 will not take the 35 Summilux R.
> Maybe the 15, but I don't think so. The SL2 is an improvement over the SL,
> but it still won't take some R lenses and accessories.

I am holding in my hand the 1984 "Photokina News" circular from Leica in
which the 35/1.4 Summilux-R was announced.  It says "The 35mm Summilux may
be used with all Leica R and Leicaflex SL2 models."  I also have the Leica
Fotografie issue that describes it, and it says the same thing.  Also all
the books I have say the same thing.  But once again, I have neither a
35/1.4 nor a Leicaflex SL2, so I could be wrong...

- -Patrick