Subject: RE: [Leica] LEICAFLEX SL & SL2
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 11:40:05 -0700

> From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> [mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Bud Cook
>
> Patrick,
> On pg. 108 of Laney's Leica Collector's Guide, he states one of the
> characteristics of the SL/2 was "Mirror redesigned  to allow fitting of 16
> and 19 mm lenses".
> I have no personal experience but when I was looking into the 19
> mm lenses I
> got the impression that I could use it on my SL/2 but not my SL.
> Bud

Hmmm... but Laney contradicts himself on this topic.  On p. 105, discussing
the first version (1975 - 1990) of the 19/2.8, he says, "It was suitable for
use on all Leica reflex cameras."  None of my other sources (Rogliatti,
Osterloh, Bower, Eastland) say anything about the 19/2.8 when discussing the
limitations of the SL.

Of course, I'm talking off the top of my head here, because I don't have a
19/2.8 to mount on my SL's...

- -Patrick