Subject: [Leica] Reinhold Mueller
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 00:08:38 -0700

I sent my newly-acquired SL MOT to Reinhold Mueller in Toronto for some
work.  The metering system was not working, although the seller had told me
it had been when he shipped it.  Also, the groundglass was separating from
the prism, and the shutter was misbehaving somewhat.

Reinhold Mueller was a pleasure to talk to on the phone.  He quickly
diagnosed a worn shutter brake, which he replaced; a bad meter switch, which
he replaced; and he replaced the groundglass with a new one.  Total cost for
repairs plus cleaning, lubrication and adjustment was US$275, and the camera
was back in my hands in two weeks.  Wonderful work.  The only extraordinary
expense is getting the camera back and forth across the border; I paid FedEx
$38 on my end for this and included and extra $50 for the return trip by
FedEx.

I highly recommend him, although this is sort of superfluous because
everyone speaks so highly of him.

Contact information:

Reinhold Mueller
150 Laird Dr. Suite 304