Subject: [Leica] RE: User screw body
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 10:06:00 +0000

Erich Champion wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone summarize the practical differences between the Leica IIIc
and
> IIIg screw-mount camera bodies? Right now, the only difference I'm
aware of is
> price. The IIIc is affordable,

=================================

Erich,

If your criteria involves prices and flash sync. you may wish to know
that non-factory synchronised Leicas (pre-IIIf) tend to be cheaper than
the original non-synched versions. Collectors want originality (and pay
higher prices) rather than useability (which previous owners sought when
having sync. connections added).
A IIIc converted with flash sync socket would probably be your best
choice rather than anything earlier which came in a different (less
rigid) chassis.

Jem