Subject: [Leica] Reccomended Reading
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:41:00 +0000

Ron Miller wrote:

>I for one would take a class if the session included more than just
>bokeh. But just for the odd question or two, the friendly LUG has been
>accommodating!!
>But any complete beginner should at least read up on the basics of
>photography.  Just for a show of suggestions, what excellent reading
>would the LUG recommend for a newbie (a) basics and (b) advanced technic
>the Leica way)?? I'm sure your local library might carry some titles!

 ----------------------------

My vote would go to:

'Approaching Photography' by Paul Hill, Focal Press, England (1980s - I
think)
It's understandable such that a newbie can read it, but more importantly
I think they would need to want to read it, so that might make it just as
difficult for an advanced photographer to read...
Essentially it talks about WHY we want to photograph and how we can
develop ourselves as photographers, rather than merely film...

Not a technical book, but one that is fundamentally much more important.

Jem