Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Repair M1.4/35ASPH
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 11:28:17 -0700

We have plenty of them here in the US. There is tons of gray market stuff.
Even gray market stuff marked with an official Leica US seal. Everyone
should be very careful when buying new equipment from an unknown source. A
good working relationship with a local authorized dealer is worth it's
weight in gold. The few extra dollars you might have to pay, will be
re-paid many times over with favors, trials, notifications, those little
(sometimes big) things that count over the long run. And when you have a
problem, you'll get the *best* of service and, depending upon what it is,
sometimes a loaner of similar equipment.

Jim