Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica technology, creative control
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 21:13:21 +0000

I would enjoy a (slightly) automated M6 (aperture
>priority with easy exposure lock a la Contax) with a much faster sync
>speed(1/250s), and TTL flash management.

The points I was trying to make were more related to the way Leica does not
>respond to real world market requirements and the risks that this race for
>the smaller niches  may carry for the future of that company. I sincerely
>do not believe that blind acceptance of anything Leica does is the most
>constructive contribution Leicaphiles can bring to their object of
>devotion. Or that the systematic rejection of any novelty designed outside
>of Solms carries the badly needed germs of innovation...

I think one of the only things that keeps me from using my M4 or M6 on a
job more often is the lack of appropriate flash sync (or the art director
wants a larger neg, or chrome, in which case I use my all manual
Hasselblad, which syncs to 500th). I don't need auto focus, aperture this,
shutter that. But I use flash, alot. I have too. And I end up using my
N90s, all manual settings because it syncs to 250.

So, my real world requirement would be higher sync. Thats it. My 2 cents on
this conversation.

Bill Franson