Subject: Re: [Leica] A request for enlightenment: IIIc vs IIIg?
From: "Tom Wyse & Jo Hughes" <joandtom@mtnhome.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:16:56 -0500

Well, since the really knowledgeable didn't respond, there are some minor
differences in the iiic and III g  the g is a bit bigger, has self timer,
better flash sync, being the last of the breed it was a bit of a collectable
on purpose,  The IIIc, might not be your best choise for a user, many have
war-time quality control problems, particularly in the finish and if your
ever intend to use electronic flash, the c was not synced for it..The IIIf
is a good user, available with or without a self timer (at a price) and
red/black dial on flash synce (little practical difference but the red is at
a premium) the f has adjustable flash synce and will work with electronic
flash.  I have a IIIb,c&f and use them all. while I love the M3, there is
just something about the earlier models that make them seem the perfect
camera to me.
tom