Subject: [Leica] Tips In Europe Vs The USA
From: Mark <mark@steinberg.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 13:50:40 -0700

as a wholly non-leica related subnote...re the recent exchanges
between Alan and Jim:

i found that people in the bay area (at least) of california
generally tip higher than in london. on my recent trip there
we got many genuine thank yous and much appreciateds when i left
15-20% tips....the tale of Jim's daughter saving for her camera
here in california versus alan's tale of the plight of waitresses
in belgium harmonized with my experience.

now....to bring this back to leicaland...perhaps if leica charged
less for their lenses the camera shops could have bowls like the
coffee shops and we could tip our sales people ???

it would certainly sort out the good sales people from the bad and
the cheapskate customers from the excellent customers ?

i guess i could take this idea up with the local camera store...

:-))

mark