Subject: RE: [Leica] SHARP LENS !!!
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:11:17 +0200

On Thursday, July 02, 1998 11:07 PM, D Khong [SMTP:dkhong@pacific.net.sg]
wrote:
> .....<CUT>.....
> In my opinion, any newbie would learn lots about photography if he has
the
> discipline to limit himself to using just the 50 mm lens for taking all
> sorts of pics (and without using flash) for at least one year.

That goes for oldbies as well. I know most knowledgeable photographers
recommend the 35mm-as-standard. I tried often to "adapt", but keep coming
back to 50mm. Maybe because it still is tolerable for head and shoulder
pictures, and because it allows shallower DoF in certain situations, while
still retaining the ability of using hyperfocal settings if the light is
there for other images.