Subject: Re: [Leica] SHARP LENS !!!
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 14:38:26 -0400

D Khong wrote:

> Hi
>
> For decades, the 50mm fixed focal length lens was the standard lens in 35mm
> photography.

 SNIP

> In my opinion, any newbie would learn lots about photography if he has the
> discipline to limit himself to using just the 50 mm lens for taking all
> sorts of pics (and without using flash) for at least one year.
>
> Dan K.

Not only newbies: Look at Mike Johnson of Photo Techniques. You'll find
in the LUG archives his thoughts, discussion and rationale in deciding
to use (rediscover) all that a 50mm is capable of doing. Also why he's
taking a year to use only the 50 for his work. There's a lot of good
dialogue (and some controversy, as usual) about only using a 50. Enjoy

- --

Carl Socolow

Sometimes the wrong thing is exactly the thing you should do.