Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm 2.0 Aspheric
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 22:38:12 EDT

I just read the article in Viewfinder (on the LHSA Web Site) regarding the 35
2.0 aspherical lens in comparison to the previous versions.  The distinguished
authors conclude that the aspherical is only slightly better than the previous
lens.  Included are sections of 18x enlargements showing a detail of eyelashes
taken by each lens.  The text of the article says that the eyelash detail of
the aspherical is better than the detail of the non-aspherical.  However, to
me the non- aspherical detail is worse - not better.   Are the details
juxtaposed?  Or are my eyes (or monitor) really that bad?

Anyway, it is interesting to see that the differences are rather small.  Of
course Erwin keeps telling us this and how excellent technique is necessary to
use the full capabilities of these wonderful lenses we get to use.

Tom Shea