Subject: Re: [Leica] summilux 70 (oops...meant 75)
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 14:05:33 EDT

<< i goofed, i meant the 75, which seems to be calling me, requesting
 that i add it to my retinue of leica glass. >>

Mark, the 75 1.4 is a quite nice lens.  It is sharp and contrasty.  It is
rather heavy but balances well on an M6.

An interesting thing is that according the lens diagrams for this lens and the
50 1.4, the designs are almost identical in configuration.  Yet, the
discussions of these lenses seem to indicate that the 75 1.4 has better wide
open performance than the 50 1.4.  I do not have a 50 1.4.  Does anyone who
has both lenses comment on the relative performance?

Tom Shea