Subject: Re: [Leica] Don't be shy (was wedding newbie)
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 18:27:02 +0200

Well, I started this spinoff with my tongue in cheek, but now I'm not
sure that I havn't actually convinced myself of the attaction of the
'Pushy Photog'.  It certainly sounds more fun than being a fly on the
wall.  So I'm going to back off a bit before I argue myself into an
indefensible position.

My fall back position to safe ground will be the following undisputable
facts.  "The goal of the photographer is to create a picture not to
simply record a scene" .... "Just because the M6 is a silent machine is
no reason for the photographer to act like one."

Where's Francesco in this discussion?  I doubt whether a fly on the
wall set of candids would help him much.  He must positively intrude
even if its just to tell the girl to get her gear off.

Alan Hull