Subject: Re: [Leica] Don't be shy (was wedding newbie)
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:31:44 +0200

> From: Ted Grant
>
> "Unobtrusive" is the in thing! As one doesn't want to appear as part
of the
> event, but a quiet recorder for the bride to enjoy images later in
her
- ------------------------------
Sorry Ted, I must disagree with your statement above.

How can you inject your personality or style into a picture when you
are unobrusive?  How can you influence the scene by being invisible?
Right now for instance I am experimenting with a collapsable billiard
cue.  The padded end gives no offence when poked into the odd rib, and
I can keep my distance for better focussing in poor light.  It even
serves as a monopod when not used as a tickler.

Honestly, you wouldn't believe some of the unique expressions I
capture, although some folk of course, don't appreciate it.  8-)

Alan Hull