Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica S1
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 08:16:19 -0500

At 02:23 AM 6/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

>IMHO, AF is a choice.  To say that the R8 lacks AF, well, you would have
to be
>looking for AF to begin with, and in that instance, the R8 shouldn't even be
>considered.  Similarly, the M6 doesn't lack AE for the same reasons.
>My  2 cents,
>
>Arturo

And a good 2 cents that was. Some of us consider AF good for some things,
but hardly the definding factor in a modern camera.

The Rollei 8008 is old? Hardly. Just because a Pentax MF camera now has AF
doesn't automatically date every other modern MF camera.

But my point was that in the camera world, the only modern feature that the
R8 doesn't have that seems to be something many people consider necessary
is AF.

And how many 15-year-old cameras have a built-in flash meter? Huh?

And how many have a flash meter that's good enough to shoot commercial
assignments on chrome film? The R8. Been there, done that. (And the Contax
RTSIII.)

- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Common sense is that layer of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the
age of eighteen.

Albert Einstein