Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica S1
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 02:23:21 EDT

Eric wrote:

<< but to say the R8 is 15 years behind other cameras is balderdash. An anti-R
bias. There is only one thing it lacks, technologically, besides the motor,
and that's AF. >>
- --------------------------------------
IMHO, AF is a choice.  To say that the R8 lacks AF, well, you would have to be
looking for AF to begin with, and in that instance, the R8 shouldn't even be
considered.  Similarly, the M6 doesn't lack AE for the same reasons.

I like MF.  The single most reason I went from Nikon to Leica was because
Leica is dedicated to manual focus cameras, as is Contax.  I felt the other
brands would abandon the MF users in time.

Overall, there really is a broad choice for every photographer.  Get what
works!

My  2 cents,

Arturo