Subject: [Leica] RE: CLs, dogs and fleas...
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:19:00 +0000

>Tom wrote...
>a Noctilux on a CL.  Kind of like a dog on a
>flea.  I wonder if anyone has actually tried this?

Not having a Noctilux I've not done that (and obviously the depth of
field would present focussing problems) but I've tried some other big
lenses on a CL, at the moment a 20/4 Flektogon with a couple of adapters
to make it work and a massive TEWE/MPP zoom finder on the top, it looks
completely outrageous! Just the thing for winding up old Leica buffs who
think that the name of Leica is sacred...

It put me in mind of finding one of those old Benser baseplates for the
M-series cameras which took a couple of spare lenses bayoneted onto the
bottom of the camera. Never mind 2 sensible smallish lenses, shove on a
400mm Telyt, and also the Viso housing to match! Weird or what! Of course
mobility might be somewhat impared, but boy, would you stop the traffic!

(Strange thoughts for a drab Friday...)

Jem