Subject: [Leica] RE: Projector lenses
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:54:00 +0000

Yesterday I saw a sick Pradovit 250 Colour with 2 lenses, a 50/2.8
Elmaron and a 200/2.5 Hektor, I bought the lot for 70UKP (about 100USD),
and have managed to repair the projector (a failed microswitch, cost a
couple of dollars) so feel pretty happy about it all.

I remember reading a small article (it could have been in LHSA's
'Viewfinder') about someone who'd converted one of these Hektor 200/2.5
lenses for use on his Leica/flex. Well, I've managed that fairly simply
through a couple of old adapters but my question to the panel is:

"What would be the optical differences (if any) between a 200/2.5
projector lens and a similar camera optic?"

I appreciate that the focussing is much coarser and there's no iris (not
needed for low light purposes) but is the same quality of lens finish
required or not?

Jem