Subject: [Leica] RE: minilabs
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 10:56:00 +0000

Alan wrote:
>Regarding prints and since we are speaking of Brussels, I would not
>dismiss minilab negative printing in all cases. A good minilab with
>competent workers and good processing hardware can do wonders for piece
>by piece enlargements. You can interact directly with the operator
>(which is not the case with industrial labs) and get him/her to redo the
>enlargement till he/she gets the most out of the negative.
>Alan
>Brussels-Belgium.

Folks might be aware that one of David Douglas Duncan's books, the one on
sunflowers (I forget the title) was generated entirely from minilab
prints. He covered the whole sunflower season slowly driving north from
Nice as the season developed, and every so often he would drive over to
his favourite minilab (in Zurich I think!) to get his en-prints!
Eventually he finished his drive (after several weeks) at his publisher's
in London and received the book commission.

Sounds like a nice way to spend the Summer!

Jem