Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica S1
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 22:02:39 -0500

At 10:01 PM 6/24/98 -0400, you wrote:

>With the inability to forsee the future, digital cameras could be at their
>apex right now and we wouldn't know it...then what?  More M lenses and finer
>grain!

If Kodak, which is the leader of imaging sensors for still cameras, throws
in the towel, and it's looking like a possibility, that just might be what
happens.

In fact, as I hear it in the industry, in five years there will be digital
video cameras that are good enough to take stills off for newspaper
reproduction. I somehow doubt it, but if I'm wrong, that could be the death
of digital still cameras. They'd go the way the early video still cameras.
Not able to get quality up to justify their prices before something
superior comes along that is a major paradigm shift. (forgive the "p" word).
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch