Subject: Re: [Leica] Anyone wanna talk screw?
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 07:53:04 -0400

>search for a more pocketable Leica, a fellow LUG member (kw) gave me a
>great idea .  Why not a III screw-mount?  Well as compared to a P/S, I want
>to know what other users think.  What is the film loading like?  Is it a
>nightmare, or does one eventually get the hang of it?  Also I'll be wanting
>a 35mm lens for it.  What's the best one?  Speed isn't a huge feature for
>me, but it would be nice if it performs as well as the slower options.
>What about viewfinders?

real trick is to be sure and recut the film leader to four inches. There is
a diagram inside the bottom of the camera which shows this.

Once this is done, you pull out the takeup spool, attach the leader to it
and push both the cassette and takeup spool into the camera. Replace the
bottom, fire a couple of blanks and you're ready.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>