Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #142
From: Charles Dunlap <cdunlap@es.UCSC.EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:23:52 -0800

>To the guy who's having a baby over the new Minilux zoom

I am he who gives birth.

>I looked at what Contax has in a comparable setting, T2 and TVS, and I bought
>the STANDARD Minilux and I'll unashamedly lay the pictures I took next to
>anything the T2 and TVS has to offer.
>
>Tony

I've said all along that I'm willing to give the Minilux Zoom more credit
if its lens is clearly better than that on the Tvs. As I stated earlier I
would choose the better lens over the obvious shortcomings in the body.

Your say that the standard Minilux is a great performer in your experience,
and I don't doubt it. But how does the new Minilux Zoom lens compare to the
Tvs lens? That's the question in my mind.

- -Charlie