From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 21:00:32 -0700

> From: Dan Post>
> First tell me how to get something like a subscription to Aperture!
> Here in the hinterland, it's pretty much Petersen's and Pop Photography
at
> the news stands!
> hanks!
> Dan'l

Hi Dan - I tried Aperture a year ago and was so disappointed that I
cancelled the subscription. For the most part, it was just more  of the
"modern", touchy-feely, oh how cool to capture the inside of my own head,
ego-oriented, out of focus, out of balance, strange that anyone would even
waste photo paper, looks like the shutter went of accidentally, crap. Am I
being too subtle?

Anyway, I really like Photo Techniques (haven't heard from editor Michael
Johnson on the LUG lately), especially with its emphasis on black and
white. American Photo covers some interesting angles, gets modern without
being overly quirky (IMHO).

Best subscription of all - "Viewfinder" that comes with your membership in
LHSA !!

http://www.pond.com/~lhsa/

Gary Todoroff
LHSA Board Member (better throw in a disclaimer)