Subject: Re: [Leica] Bokeh
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 01:48:57 +0200

> From: Ron K. Miller
>
> I'm sure many newcomers have asked this before, but since i've joined
> have seen postings mentioning "bokeh" but no explanation as to what
it
> is.  I am curious... is this some kind of lens characteristic? And
what
> does it mean in terms of picture quality?  Thanks in advance to
anyone
> who can enlighten me...

==================================0
Ron, "bokeh" is that part of a photograph that is out of focus.  As
nothing much can be identified in that part of the picture it became
necessary to invent a name for it to pretend it was deliberate
technique and therefore a good thing.  Simply calling it "out of focus"
is, however, a more accurate description.

The reason you have never heard the word "bokeh" before is because you
have just arrived from the real world.  Welcome to the virtual world.
The land of LUG where I was King for a day. :-)

Alan Hull