Subject: Re: [Leica] A good thing gone bad
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 22:35:10 EDT

<< In times past there were almost none of these exchanges, yes there were
 arguments but always civil, and often enlightening.  Now this list is
 hardly better than usnet....too bad. >>
Dear Harrison,
   I agree with much of what you say.  However, there are many folks here who
have not been party to all of this rancor and still want to talk photography
and Leica lore.
I have been quiet for quite a while to get a feel for what this group is
about, but I now feel that I can say at least a few words about this mess.
    I have been a Leica, medium and large format photographer since I was a
kid over 40 years ago. I know there are people here like me who truly love the
craft but would rather just stand back when the crowd gets too rough. Life is
short and I'm not going to get my blood pressure up over this. The bottom line
is that people like you are delightful to read and begin to know. I hope that
all of us who feel this way will weather this storm and hang together.

   I am not going to leave this group because I truly feel that this will
pass. Although I have read many of the posts regarding the issues which have
caused all of this, I still don't know what is really the base cause of the
problem. Whatever it is, it does not concern most of us, I think.

   BTW, I bought my M6 from Don, but that did not stop me from kidding him
when he took on the Contax line - but that was in the spirit of good fun.

Best regards,

Bob Figlio