Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Myths
From: FIGLIO4CAP@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 23:22:09 EDT

<< Thought the following might interest those who haven't seen it:

 >The Leica rangefinder is surrounded by an aura of mechanical precision >>

The same things are said of  some high-end audio components. For those who say
they can't hear the difference or for whom it does not matter, there are
plenty of alternatives - same with cameras and lenses.
I have fought this battle with many and myself over the years. Leica photos
are better and you can see it even in a one hour photo lab print. I recently
returned from a trip to New Orleans with one of my associates. He was using a
Minolta zoom and a couple of primes while I was using an M6 with a 35
Summilux, 50 Summicron and a 135 Elmarit. We both used the same Fuji print
film and had our stuff developed at Walgreen's.  He was shocked  when he saw
my prints.  The blacks were blacker, the whites whiter and shades in between
were all that is talked about here.
Ugh, why bother to respond to these issues? If you like it you like it - if
not. use something else.

Bob Figlio