Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Shutter Release
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 08:13:42 -0700

Denton Taylor wrote:

> Greetings, everyone.
>
> Just picked up a nice chrome M6 to use with my Canadian 35 2.0 Summicron,

Great and welcome to the list
<snip>

> I see I am going to love this camera! But I find it has one idiosyncracy.
> The shutter release needs to be pressed very far down when taking a photo,
> so much so that I have to lift my finger to a very high angle. It feels
> quite unnatural. I asked my wife and child to try, and they had less of a
> problem, perhaps because my fingers are larger.
>
> Does anyone else find this to be a problem? Does anyone have a solution?
> I'm thinking of getting one of those release buttos that screw into the
> shutter cable release, but that seems kinda tacky on a Leica. Although it's
> funny--Wall Street had another Leica with one attached.
> Regards,
>
> Denton Taylor
> Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com

Tom Abrahams has desiged a 'soft relese' which screws into the release
button and IMO makes the release much easier to use.  Also easier to get
photos of the inside of your camera bag.

Its in the prototype stage now but I think its coming soon.  Tom is a
member of the list here so maybe he will post soon on the production
schedule.

Dennis