Subject: Re: [Leica] 50 summicron and Canadian lenses
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:32:35 -0400

You bring up a point or question which has concerned me.  Several months ago
I was having a problem with a Nikon 50mm f1.2 lens which I dearly love.  The
aperture ring was very hard to turn.  I took the lens to Strauss
Phototechnical Services in Washington, D.C.  When I got it back, the problem
had been cured, but In noticed in looking through the lens that the exposed
edge of one of the blades was longer (at certain apertures only) than the
others.  In other words, the apertures in question were no longer "round" or
perhaps I should say no longer symmetrical.  Is this or should this be a
cause of concern on any lens?

Bruce S.