Subject: [Leica] For Sale 180 APO 3.4 $750.00, 60mm Elmar E60 $450.00
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 00:12:43 -0300

There was a post earlier in the week regardsing wanting one of these lenes.
 I have decided that I do not use the 180 APO enough to justify owning it
and the Vario-Elmar.  It is in Ex condition with a few light marks on the
front element.  It takes beautiful pictures, but it stays at home most of
the time because I don't see the point in carrying it along with a zoom.

A picture I took with it last week at dusk in a local fishing village about
30km out of Halifax is here:

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/peggyscove-fisherman.JPG

A second picture taken a few weeks ago of a member of our Photo Guild while
walking down a hill towards me during a nature outing.  I was shooting wide
open and there was not enough depth of field to get his face in focus, but
look how sharp his hand holding the piece of apple is.  On the original
slide you can see the texture of the apple, amazingly sharp.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/Hubert.JPG

My asking price of $750.00USD includes airmail shipping in North America.
I will offer a ten day trial periond for return of the lens if the buyer is
not
happy.

As for the 60mm Macro Elmar for $450.00.  I have one I am willing to part
with.  It came on a used R7 and I already have one.  This is the version
with the E60 filter threads and is probably in ex conditiond.  It is no
lens for a collector, but I only want $450.00 for it.

 It is very clean inside, focuses very smoothly, actually smoother and
cleaner than my E55 version.  There is some brassing on the knurling of the
lens, very common on Leica lenses that are not mint.  There are three marks
the size of the tip of a pin on the rear element that are either defects in
the coatings or marks.  They do not seem to affect the performance of the
lens because of their small size.  If you read Erwin's post last week about
dirty lenses and how little it affects them, you will not worry about these
marks.  As for the filter size, I would not worry about it, as you will
never use a filter on a macro lens anyways, at least I never have.  If you
do need a filter, B&W makes them in 60mm much cheaper than Leica filters.
You will find a lot of the Leica  lenses take a 60mm filter, such as their
zooms and faster prime lenses and will eventually need filters in this size.

If anybody is interested in either of these two lenses, please reply to me
rather than the list.

Regards,

Robert Stevens